Please be advised that the first scheduled games of the season (Monday may 28 and thursday may 31) have been cancelled.
It came to our attention that the fields have been torn up quite a bit and the top dressing added by the Recreation department has not had enough time to work its magic.
For safety sake, we cannot play.
So sorry for the last minute decision. We were hoping things could turn around and we could keep on schedule.
That being said, the first game for Monday league will begin on June 4and for Thursday league, June 7.
We will schedule an additional game at the end of the season to replace this first week so the schedule online will not otherwise be affected.
We are incredibly bummed out by this news, but hope you understand that we are putting your safety first.
Since we’re already in your Inbox, a few quick notes:
- Please review your league rules prior to game day. Click here for a refresher for 11-on-11’s and for the 6-on-6 league
- Shin guards are REQUIRED for Monday league — anyone without them will be asked to sit out. Though not required for Thursday, they are highly recommended
- All games will be played at Bruce Ave — you can map it out here
- Jerseys will be handed out by your team captain at the first game
- If you have any questions, concerns or constructive feedback, please either email us back by hitting Reply to this email or using our Feedback service on the website, here
- Finally, please remember this is a RECREATIONAL league. Players of all skills, ages and genders are welcome and while we encourage a healthy level of competition, the main goal is to have fun. Lots and lots of fun!
Once again, sorry for the bad news, but we can’t wait to see you June 4 + 7.