2021 - 6-on-6 Outdoor
July 8, 2021 - September 2, 2021
6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Once Ontario reaches Stage 2 of re-opening and COVID restrictions are eased, we are planning to run a 6-on-6 outdoor soccer league (no goalies or a referee).
This will be a co-ed 18+ league, played on half-sized fields with small nets. Games are planned for Thursday, and are expected to be at the Bruce Ave fields. This will be a recreational, fun league. While slide tackling is not allowed, soccer is a physical sport and there will be contact. Respect your peers and do your best to ensure the overall safety of the players on the field.
The league will be run in accordance with the Return to Play application submitted to the Grey-Bruce health unit. All players must complete an online health screen prior to each game, which will be used for contact tracing if required. The games will not start until EVERYONE has shown the league coordinator that they have completed the screening form for that game. Masks will not be required while playing. Players on the sidelines from different households must physically distance, or wear a mask when distancing is not possible.
Due to the shortened planning time and to reduce costs, we will not be ordering sized shirts, but will provide personal-use pinneys.
Cost is $50. Games are 60 minutes long, played at 6:30 PM and 8:00 PM. We are hoping to run the league from July 8, 2021 to Sept. 2, 2021.
Due to current uncertainties, we are accepting registration without payment at this time. Once the league is finalized, you will be asked to pay using Paypal. This year we will not be accepting cash or e-transfer. If payment is not received within five days, your registration spot will be offered to someone on the waitlist. The specifics and deadlines will be communicated along with the request for payment.
**You must be 18 in order to be eligible to play**
|Format:||Co-Ed 6-on-6 (no goalie), half field|
|Dates:||July 8, 2021 to Sept. 2, 2021|
|Time Slots:||6:30-7:30 PM; 8:00-9:00 PM|
|Game Length:||60 minutes (no halftime)|
|Location:||Bruce Ave Fields|
|Cost:||$50 per person|
1. Teammate Match/Request System: Our primary goal is to make the teams as even as possible because we feel that best way to make a league fun is to make all teams/games competitive.
- Teammate Matches are only guaranteed if the person you request as your Teammate Match also requests you as their Teammate Match in their registration (i.e. no more daisy-chaining teammate matches).
- Instead of Teammate Requests (i.e. non-guaranteed matches) we have added a second free-form comment section. If there is another person (or persons) you want on your team, put their name(s) down and include a reason why. The reason can be whatever you want from carpooling with the person to just wanting to go drinking with them after the game! We will take this into account when making the teams and do our best to be accommodating.
2. Payment (at a later date) will be through PayPal using the PayPal website to keep your credit card information confidential. It is not shared with KASA. Cash or e-transfer will not be accepted.
3. You can register up to 2 registrations in a single transaction by selecting the appropriate quantity of registrations (multiple people). All registrants must agree to the waiver and photo release.
4. The purpose of the self-assessment questions (skill level, fitness level, number of years of organized soccer played, etc) is to help us make more balanced teams.
5. Only sign up for the “waitlist” registration after all regular spots are filled. This sign-up is not guaranteed – but you will be contacted if a spot becomes available.
*** If you have any problems with registration, please contact us at email@example.com and we will attempt to resolve the issue. ***
Venue: Bruce Avenue Fields