May 31, 2018 - August 30, 2018
6:30 pm - 9:30 pm
We have enough people for 8 teams. To ensure we have even teams we have capped normal registration, BUT if enough people sign up on the waiting list, we could expand to 10 teams!
This is the 11th year of outdoor 6-on-6 co-ed 18+ soccer league without goalies and new participants are always welcome!
This year we will be consolidating the 6-on-6 leagues into one single league that plays on Thursday nights. All games will be played on the Bruce Ave field which allows us to take advantage of the new lights and play up to 6 games each night (no more games called early due to light!). We will be playing two games at a time across the width of the field.
**You must be 18 by May 28th, 2018 in order to be eligible to play**
This a recreational, fun league without referees or goalies played with small nets. You are expected to call your own infractions (hand balls, out of bounds, fouls), and while slide tackling is not allowed, there will be some contact. Respect the other players and call your own fouls to ensure the overall enjoyment and safety of all the players on the field.
|Format:||Co-Ed 6-on-6 without goalies|
|Dates:||May 31, 2018 to August 30, 2018 plus playoffs in September|
|Timeslots:||6:30-9:30 pm (3 one hour time slots)|
|Game Length:||1 hour long including warmup|
|Location:||Bruce Avenue Field, Kincardine (full-sized field with the lights)|
|Cost:||$70 per person|
1. Important Changes to the Teammate Match/Request System:
Every year the Exec spends a lot of time agonizing over the teams, trying to make even teams and accommodate everyone’s teammate matches/requests. We are making some changes this year to give ourselves more flexibility and more information when making the teams. Our primary goal is to make the teams as even as possible because we feel that best way to make a league fun is to make all teams/games competitive. The changes we are making are listed below.
- Teammate Matches are only guaranteed if the person you request as your Teammate Match also requests you as their Teammate Match in their registration (i.e. no more daisy-chaining teammate matches).
- Instead of Teammate Requests (i.e. non-guaranteed matches) we have added a second free-form comment section. If there is another person (or persons) you want on your team, put their name(s) down and include a reason why. The reason can be whatever you want from carpooling with the person to just wanting to go drinking with them after the game! We will take this into account when making the teams and do our best to be accommodating.
2. You can register up to 2 registrations in a single transaction by selecting the appropriate quantity of registrations (multiple people). All registrants must agree to the waiver and photo release.
3. The purpose of the self-assessment questions (skill level, fitness level, number of years of organized soccer played, etc) is to help us make more balanced teams.
4. Payment will be through PayPal or a credit card. Both are through the PayPal website and keep your credit card information confidential. It is not shared with KASA.
*** If there is a reason why you cannot pay online or any other problem with registration, please contact us at email@example.com and we will attempt to resolve the issue. ***
Venue: Bruce Avenue Fields